What Degree Should I Get to Become a Substance Abuse Counselor?

Question by MEME: What degree should I get to become a substance abuse counselor?
Should I get a masters degree in psychology and specialize in substance abuse counseling? Should I get a masters in counseling and specialize in substance abuse counseling? Or should should I get a masters in social work?

Best answer:

Answer by Winter
I think any of those are fine.. I’d go with either the psych or counseling with the specialization in substance abuse over social work. I think the main thing is to try and obtain a masters, most jobs require that in the psych/counseling field.

What do you think? Answer below!


Physician Focus: Youth and Substance Abuse

Filed under: Substance Abuse

Motor vehicle crashes, unintentional injuries, homicides, and suicides account for more than 70 percent of all teenage deaths, and all of them are strongly linked to one thing: substance abuse. Substance abuse by adolescents is a persistent and growing …
Read more on Community Advocate


Trenton to launch new drug and alcohol abuse screening with federal grant

Filed under: Substance Abuse

The grant "will allow us to, for the first time, do screening for our entire adult population for substance abuse, and then provide on-the-spot brief interventional services, and then refer as needed,” Alli said. Under the program, patients will fill …
Read more on Newsworks.org


Last words to dead daughter: 'I hate you'

Filed under: Substance Abuse

THE mother of a woman with substance abuse problems said "I hate you for what you are doing to everybody" hours before the daughter was killed by her lover, a judge has been told. Rose Dakin said her daughter was a "lovely person" who had substance …
Read more on The Australian


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *