Just Payed My Paraphernalia Ticket. Now Got Arrested W/possesion. What Might Happen & How Much Is Ticket?

Question by Mercedes: just payed my paraphernalia ticket. now got arrested w/possesion. what might happen & how much is ticket?
have a paraphernalia charge on me already.
Now got arrested they actually caught us smoking on school grounds. was a roach already when they got there or less than a J.
courts in january.
wondering what they might give me and if there is a ticket more less how much would it be?
is there a way i can take it off my record?

Best answer:

Answer by Taz
Basically the judge is going to look at it as you obviously didn’t learn your lesson with just a fine, and will go to the next level. That will usually involve probation, community service, and a fine. However, since you were caught on school property, (depending on your state/local law) there may be what’s called “enhanced penalties”. This could mean a double fine, a double sentence, or mandatory jail time, and the judge has no discretion in reducing it. Some states also have mandatory rehab as part of possession sentences.

Drug laws vary wildly depending on your location and age. In Nebraska it’s $ 300 civil citation (basically like a parking ticket). But in Texas, it’s a $ 2,000 fine and 6 months in jail. New Jersey tacks on 100 extra hours of community service and doubles the fine for possession within 1,000 feet of a school or playground. Some states like Kansas and Oklahoma still make use of an old tax stamp law, where they (aside from the drug charges) actually charge you with tax evasion for not paying the taxes when you bought your weed.

However, the rules are different for juveniles. Go to www.norml.org and look at their table of drug laws to get an idea of where you stand.

I would also highly suggest getting advice from a lawyer. It is very intimidating standing at that Defendant’s table (I know), and you may not know all the options available to you (and the court and prosecutor aren’t going to explain them. It could mean the difference between being convicted of a felony (which you must list on employment applications) and pleading guilty to a disorderly persons offense (has much less impact on your future.

If you are under 18, your juvenile record can be sealed and/or expunged after your 18th birthday (provided you are not still on probation and you meet the criteria for your state). If you are an adult, expungment is still an option depending on what your adult record looks like. However, you will have to wait at least 5 years (possibly more depending on the state) from the date your sentence ended – when you get off probation/parole – to apply.

Good luck!

Detox Tulsa | Addiction Treatment Tulsa | Detox Tulsa
http://tulsa.alcoholdrugrehabok.com/ Alcohol Drug Rehab Tulsa – Call (918) 351-1444 to Get Help Now! We offer the best drug rehab, alcohol rehab facilities a…